A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer


So I suppose I will start my book reviewing on a rather controversial series: The Twilight Saga.

I know, I know... A lot of people hate it.  Let me just say that I don't care.  I do respect other people's opinion on the books, but I am not going to cater my review just because it might make me look shallow.  Let it be said that although I read a lot, some of the books I read are not that deep, actually most of them are light, chick-lit books that make me laugh :)

So for the longest time I refused to read this series, ironically enough, because I saw it everywhere, and was constantly wishing it to go back to wherever it came from and stop ambushing me every time I entered Chapters!  I mean come on, vampires? (I had never been one for the sci-fi genre, but I have come a long way since this point).  But one day, I logged on to Amazon to read an excerpt, just to see what all the fuss was about.  Let me just say that I was pretty much hooked after reading those few pages.  It was so intriguing.  I have always been a sucker for love stories pretty much of any kind, and this one just spoke to me.  I was in High School at the time, experiencing teen love and angst and all that fun stuff, so, basically, I just ate that shit up!

Within that first week, I had read Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse and was dying for more.  Thus commencing my absolute obsession with the Twilight series.  Although I am a quasi-closeted obsesser (obsessee?) I love the series immensely.  The only reason that I didn't read Breaking Dawn in its entirety the very day it came out, was because I did an exchange in Quebec that summer, and didn't want to risk having it sent to my host family's house, lest I had left for home whilst it arrived.  So when my Mom greeted me at the train station on the night of my return (which was at like midnight) she brought Breaking Dawn with her in the car, which she had purchased for me, because she is such a good little muffin :)
also probably because I threatened her....

To be continued.....

      


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...