A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Monday, February 28, 2011

My Strange Addiction...

The Library ☺

Yes I am here again, broadcasting Live from the Ottawa Public Library.  Which probably is bothering some people since I seem to be stuck with the computer that has a keyboard from the 17th century. 
Click-Clickity-CLack.

I did have good reason for coming here, though, as I have yet to pick a topic for my audio-visual presentation for my Gaelic Language and Culture class.  So I thought I would mosy on over and check out some books.  Well I found lots on Scottish Highland Clans and their tartans, and also a whole slew of books that are apparently going to help me "build my own family tree".  And by that they mean discover the existing one, not giving mating tips so I can procreate.  Although how fun would that be to read?!
Anywho, I've been wanting to do this for a while, and hopefully these books will help me get started, as I really have no idea how to go about it.  If anyone else has any input, do not hesitate to share!

So anywho, now my backpack weighs about as much as a pregnant elephant...  (I am going to have so much fun toting that on the bus; hopefully it's not too crowded.)

So the Oscars were last night, and I loved them immensely.  James Franco and Anne Hathaway were pretty hilarious, and I loved all the funny extras that were incorporated in between the boring speeches made by people I don't know (unless you are famous, of course).  I especially loved the intro, with all of the Inception references, well all the movie references, really.  Also loved that they put the movies to song about mid-way through, trying to prove that this year was one for musicals.  "Don't You Own a Shirt" was simply titillating :)   I was surprised that Inception actually won so many awards, because let's be honest, it's not very often that the Academy showcases movies that I don't have to TRY to like. 
P.S.  James Franco's grandma was adorable!
P.P.S.  Gwyneth Paltrow was horrendous.

I'd also like to mention that Scarlett Johansson's dress was so gorgeous that it actually made me change my opinion on her as a person.  I am shallow; bite me.

Before I forget, I just want to get off my chest how crazy I am going not knowing casting choices for various upcoming movies stemming from some of my fav books.  Like seriously, they just keep jerking me around and I cannot stand it!  One day this guy is cast, the next another guy, neither of them being the one that it should be...  I will not rest until the desicions are made, and also will not let you rest either!  Just thought I'd let you know ☺

Keep Reading--Cheers & Enjoy♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...