A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Strangest Day Ever...

So today's blog is once again brought to you by the Ottawa Public Library... :)

Today is by far the strangest day I have had in a long time.. Just random things happening that are not related, but stuff you don't see every day...

1) On my way to class there was a TV interview going on in Tabaret Hall (that I may very well be in the background of, tune in to Rogers TV to find out!).  So I guess this is kinda common in Ottawa, but still it just seems weird that it happened in conjunction junction with other random things...

2) I am pretty sure that I almost got scammed/conned/pick-pocketed (seriously, I had to check my pockets after!) in Sears.  So here I am, just heading to my local Sephora branch to innocently visit the new OPI by Sephora Glee collection nailpolish shades (I really just had to see them in person, even though I have no money to purchase them. PS they are Like Totes Fabu!), when I get accosted by some rando guy who claimed to be shooting a movie.  I know, creepy right?  Well, unfortunately, I did not have a chance to really even speak before he was trying to usher me onwards, through Sears, with the promise of free movie passes if I helped him with something.  He said that someone had asthma and they needed help, and he needed someone who spoke French.  Meanwhile, I'm still pretty stunned (also wondering if my French is even competent enough to help in a life or death situation!), as he is trying to tell me his name (I don't even remember, despite him having said it like a bajillion times-Peter something.. maybe?), the movies that he's worked on (Aviator, The Whole Nine Yards.. in Montreal apparently) OH, and that he is a stunt coordinator, pretty adamant about it, actually.. Anywho, it was all very strange, and he was telling me to hurry up, even though I was really sketched out and trying to process all the info he was ramming down my throat, so I'm not really sure of the timeline because it was all soooo weird and happened so fast: one minute he was saying something about asthma, then telling me I was really pretty, which is also really creeper-esque, also mentioning something about him leaving his laptop with me, and something about keys, and Chapters...? and also pointing to the makeup counter at Sears.. I know, like I said, straaaaange doesn't even begin to cover it.  So then he mentioned something about money and needing money for a cab, I can only assume to get to the person with asthma.. Fortunately, by this time, I had gotten my thoughts in order, and told him in fact that I didn't have any money on my person (which is totally true, I almost never have cash, and don't even have $2 on my debit card), which is when he proceeded to push me away and call me fat and stupid.  All of this in a matter of probably like 30 seconds, a minute tops.  I mean, WOAH is me.... I'm so woah..

So then I pretty much ran as fast as one can while wearing a sweater, a coat, heavy winter boots and backpack full of 4 classes worth of books.  Also while checking my pockets to see that my phone, iPod, and UPass were still there.  They were.  I am still not convinced that he didn't sneak a bomb into my backpack or something...

3) Still in the mall, and still pretty shaken up about being accosted, I run into a friend, Matt (who coincidentally happened to be on the phone with Cait-coolio).  Luckily for him, I noticed that it was him in time, because seriously, I saw another person that gesturing as if stop me, and I had already been through enough in Sears!  Also, when I got outside someone stopped me to ask for the time.  I mean do I just look approachable today or something.. or like a target... ?

4) So then, I am walking through the park, on my way here, and see that part of the park (which is currently inhabited with various Winterlude activities) is cordonned off, which at first I thought was just because the ice sculptures were there, and they were somehow not safe to be around due to the strange weather we've been having lately.  And then I see camera crew number 2.  So I'm like what the heck is going on in Ottawa today..  And then as I leave the park, now at the Elgin/Laurier intersection downtown, I see camera crew number 3, in addition to a police barricade.. and then I start to get really suspiscous, but pretty much just carry on my merry way to the library, which was pretty eerie, seeing how I was like the only person on what is usually a very busy block.  Then there was more police tape, that I observed to look very legit and serious, and more policemen, all surrounding a dump-truck.. Pretty anticlimactic, right?  Wrong.  So I decided to Google-it-out when I got here, and discovered that some poor soul (a 64-year old man, to be exact) was struck and killed by the dumptruck at lunch-time  :(   If you would like to read the article, you can find it here.

Very sad conclusion to my strange story, I must admit...

Anywho (she writes melancholically), hope you enjoy my strange and eerie day so far...
Hopefully there won't be any other weird shananigans to report after I return home..
I shall now find a warm, safe place to curl up with a book, hopefully soothing myself....

Later--Cheers & Enjoy♥

1 comment:

  1. Nice story. I am pretty broke as well most of the time (atleast as far as having cash in the wallet). I guess its a good idea to keep like 5 bucks. So if I get mugged, I atleast have some cash to give to the guy. Better a $5 bill than my life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...