A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Covergasms♥ (8)

Covergasms♥ is an original Book♥Hooker feature that discusses everything cover related!

Ever since I read Killing Britney by Sean Olin back in 2005, I have been pining away for more books by this creepily amazing author. Finally, the time has come. I recently stumbled upon his newly released book, Brother/Sister, and I was like, "hey, I recognize that author.. hmmm, OMG!" I am so excited to read it in all its glory, and am almost equally intrigued by its cover. Observe.


So the first one is the first book by Seal Olin, Killing Britney, which I read a loooong time ago, and loved. (Read a mini review here). I love the cover as well, and it evokes such eerie simplicity, I am just so infatuated with it. And it suits the book perfectly; a girl whose life is fraught with murder and mistrust, full of surprising twists and an awesome ending.

The second book, Brother/Sister, I have not read yet, but it looks delicious! I did not profess my love for the cover right away, but I must say that I have grown rather fond of it's intriguing mysteriousness. I love the enigmatic diagonal catch-phrase action that's goin' on, and I adore the juxtaposing fonts used. I'm still a little hazy on the details of the plot, as the summary I read was pretty vague, but it should be a goodie nonetheless :)

What books have you been excited for lately?

Let me know--Cheers & Enjoy♥

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...