A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Our True North Strong and Free!


Another great year for Canadians!

So stupidly bravely, I ventured downtown Ottawa this year for the Canada Day festivities. Wow. Not for everyone. I must say that it was so bustling, crazy, and pride-inducing to be part of the jillion people gathering in hordes to celebrate our awesome country turning 144, but it was kind of hectic.

Kind of, wow. I must really be crazy. To say that it was kind of hectic is probably the understatement of Canada's 144th year! It was hot and I must have walked close to a total of 10 kilometres that day!

But it was pretty amazing to be a part of something soooo patriotic and friendly, and overall, mind-blowing! (Although next year I will probably stay at my apartment, nice and snug on my balcony, where I can see everything from a safe distance!)

Another mind-blowing, speech-impairing, awe-inspiring addition was that of Will & Kate!
Yes this is them, and it is my personal picture!

Yes, unless you have been living under a rock, (and whether you care or not) you probably already know all about the Duke and Dutchess of Cambridge, William and Cathrine, and their escapades as of late. Which happen to be in our fine, welcoming country.


This one as well!
Despite the fact that someone had to be tardy and mean (you know who you are!) and prevented me from seeing the arrival of my favourite royals, I did still manage to get pretty close the them on the stifling Parliament Hill, and get one or two good pictures.

I also got a video of Prince William's speech. Which I'm still reeling over! Amazing.



I was breathing the same air as them, and I loved every minute of it!


Sadly, I did not take this picture.
And the hat! My goodness, her hat was breathtaking! I loved it, and it was so perfect for our special Canadian day :) Makes me love them even more! They are just so darn cute!

I wish you both well, and good luck on the rest of your Canadian vacation! And come back soon, eh! (Wow, I am a huge dork...)



Be jealous!--Cheers & Enjoy♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...