A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Monday, July 4, 2011

Harry Potter Re-Read-a-Ganza!: The Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban


 "Why the long faces?"
          -My favourite talking head from the Knight Bus; movie.

 "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though. Keep up with the news. Check if I'm happy."
          -Harry nonchalantly informing the Dursley's about Sirius, leaving out his innocence of course; book.

 "Your aura is pulsing! Are you in the beyond? I think you are!"  "Sure..."  "Look at the cup, tell me what you see!"  "Oh yeah... well, Harry's got a sort of wonky cross... that's trials and suffering. And, uh, that there could be the sun, and that's happiness, so... you're gonna suffer... but you're gonna be happy about it..."
          -The back and forth of eccentric Professor Trelawney and skeptical Ron; movie.




I think that I like this book the most this time around because I am really getting to see when things pick up and start to get more emotional and heartfelt for Harry, with the addition of Sirius and all. And also because I didn't read this one until after The Order of the Phoenix the last time around.

Near the end, when Sirius asks Harry to come and stay with him, the only few moments of free solace that they seem to ever have, and Harry is ecstatic, almost brought me to tears, which I must say did not happen the last time I read the book. It was so touching, if bittersweet. Harry was just so darn excited! It breaks ma poor lil heart!

So some other revelations that I came to whilst reading the book were again related to differences within characters from the movie to the book. Aunt Marge! Wow. I did not recall how much of a hag she was. What a jerk! The way she treated Harry seemed 12 times more dreadful than in the movie. Going on and on about his parents and putting them down in front of Harry. Since when does anybody speak ill of the dead, even if they were dead-beats in their lifetime. No one! That's who! Stupid betch.

Moving on before I get too carried away... Another emotional scene, when Harry almost gets killed by the Dementors (near the end), and he thinks he sees his dad. The first time I read the book, I thought for sure that his parents somehow were alive. And he was so excited. But kudos to Harry still for saving his own self with an amazingly tricky Patronus. Well done, mate.

Finally, I also want to mention that I am so excited for the rest of the books (as if I need to say this again, I know!) because I feel that this book is really the beginning of where things truly start to heat up. I mean, the things to come are just so dynamic, innovative, and down-right interesting. I mean, the time-turner. I did not see that coming. Just thinking of all the interesting twists is giving me the heeby-jeebies. And since my memory is sooo bad, I can't even really remember what happens in the last book, so this really is going to be exciting and new for me! Yay!


Other various Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban covers:        


Bewitched--Cheers & Enjoy♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...