A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Book to Big Screen: Part II

Part II: Up 'N' Comers

For this edition of Book to Big Screen, all of the movies are Up 'N' Comers-that is to say, that they are still to be released, and relatively soon :)

(*except for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II-I got done the post a little late, but decided I would still include it, since it is amazingly fantastical!)



June 15, 2011
Based on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
This amazing work of art is already released, but still deserves to be mentioned, if only because it was so epic. If you are a fan of the movies, you have probably already seen it (and contributed to the records it broke at the box office!). If you aren't a fan, still see it! It is amazing, and really the best way to wrap up the series. We see Harry's journey end, after 10 years of dynamic movies, and this is the best one yet. It is jam packed with amazing special effects, action, emotions, humour, and awesomeness! See it, you won't regret it... Starring: Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe, Ralph Fiennes, Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter

August 10, 2011
Based on The Help by Kathryn Stockett
This book has been catching my attention since I first heard that it was going to be a movie, and has been popping up everywhere I go even longer. I am always hesitant to read books that seem to mature, or that are so highly acclaimed, almost because I think I won't like them or something (I know, I'm weird) and this was no exception. But of course once I got wind that it was going to be made into a movie, I just had  to read it, and am still trying to get my hands on it! The trailer looks amazing; it's heartfelt, funny, and endearing, all at once. I think that anyone should see this vintage film that explores freedom and looks completely promising and wonderful! Starring: Emma Stone, Bryce Dallas Howard, Jessica Chastain, Mike Vogel, Allison Janney, Sissy Spacek, Octavia Spencer
September 30, 2011
Based on 20 Times a Lady by Karyn Bosnak
At first glance, this movie was grouped into all the other Anna Faris movies that I know of, which are pretty stupid and immature, but this one actually looks really promising and cute. And worthwhile. A woman looks back on her love life to see if she has let The One pass her by. Also boasting a pretty awesome star-studded cast, What's Your Number looks like the next best romantic comedy that will surprise me with it's wisdom and relatability. Watch the trailer. It will leave you wanting more! Starring: Anna Faris, Chris Evans, Mike Vogel, Andy Samberg, Chris Pratt (Anna's real life husband!), Zachary Quinto, Joel McHale
November 18, 2011
Based on Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
If you know anything about me, you would know that of course I am dying to see part 1 of the last installment in the Twilight Saga movies. Between Kellan Lutz and Taylor Lautner, you wouldn't be able to pay me to NOT see this movie, and I just know that it'll be great. We see Bella get married, as well as some other coming of age things (naughty, I know- ;) and I am so looking forward to it-even more so after seeing the amazing trailer. Whether you like Twilight or not, I think that this will be an amazing Fall flick (even if there are some haters out there!) Starring: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Kellan Lutz, Billy Burke, Nikki Reede, Ashley Greene

December 21, 2011
Based on The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
Being the first book in the dynamic Millenium Triliogy that has swept the world, authored by the late Stieg Larsson, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo just HAS to be as good. I've read the books, and they are so complicatedly brilliant and well-written, I just can't imagine a bad movie coming out of it. Not to mention the star-studded cast. If you haven't read the books, you should! The heroine is amazing and so unique and different. That mixed with the rich language and mysterious plot is the recipe for one of the best series I have ever read. A must read + see for sure! Starring: Danial Craig, Rooney Mara, Robin Wright, Stellan Skarsgard, Christopher Plummer, Joely Richardson


    
March 2, 2012
Based on The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
By far my favourite Dr. Seuss book, The Lorax is the perfect children's book, filled to the brim with clever rhymes, colourful pictures, and an awesome allegorical message about the environment. I simply cannot wait for this movie, not only because of the pre-existing awesomeness of the beloved picture book, but also because of the amazing cast line-up! Starring: Zac Efron, Ed Helms, Kevin James, Danny Devito, Taylor Swift, Betty White





March 23, 2012
Based on The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Unless you've been living under a rock, you must have heard of this awesome, dystopian materpiece called The Hunger Games. First of all, the books are gold. They are amazing, and if you haven't read them, go hide. If you have missed out on all of the hype surrounding the upcoming movie (which is filming now), then I pity you. Between all the casting rumours and surprises, this movie already has so much publicity, and I know that it will be a stunner. The idea is so novel and completely gruesome that it makes the series just that much more real, and scary most of the time. There is sure to be some awesome action, automatic tears, and a heart-wrenching romantic triangle. Everything that I love in a good story :) I sincerely cannot wait! Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Donald Sutherland, Elizabeth Banks, Lenny Kravitz, Woody Harrelson, Stanley Tucci




Can't Hardly Wait--Cheers & Enjoy♥

2 comments:

  1. HarryPotter7Pt2... enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other than the first two, (HP, already seen) Cannot wait to watch the others.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...