A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Book to Big Screen: Part I

Part I: Been There, Done That

So I've been mentioning lately that I wanted to do a post about upcoming and current books that are being turned into movies, or already are, which started out as a little idea, and evolved into a three part series, that might even become a regular feature. So enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Part I is dedicated to recently released movies that are based on books. Some of them I have seen, some of them I am highly anticipating, and most some of them I haven't seen simply because I haven't read the book yet.

I Am Number Four - February 18, 2011
DVD release: May 24, 2011
Based on I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
This movie was so hyped up, and when I found out that it was a book, I was so pumped! (Also the trailer was absolutely mesmerizing and featured my fav tune Rollin' in the Deep). I read the book straight away, and loved it! The movie was a little bit different, and of course I liked the book better, but overall, I just loved the new take on aliens and the epic romance that was present. Can't wait for the sequel! Read my book review here. Starring: Alex Pettyfer, Diana Agron, Timothy Olyphant, Teresa Palmer

Beastly - March 4, 2011
DVD release: June 28, 2011
Based on Beastly by Alex Flinn
Ever since I heard about this book being made into a movie, about 3 years ago, I have been waiting to see it. I read the book right away, but the release date has been pushed back so many times! Cait and I finally saw it (the day it was released) and loved it! Although it wasn't critically acclaimed (and also although I hate Vanessa Hudgens), the movie was so genuine, funny, and cute. The premise is a modern re-telling of Beauty and the Beast, and it was really well done, in book and film. P.S. Neil Patrick Harris was legen-waitforit-dary in this movie! Starring: Alex Pettyfer, Vanessa Hudgens, Neil Patrick Harris, Mary-Kate Olsen

Red Riding Hood - March 11, 2011
DVD release: June 14, 2011
Based on Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright
Good movie and good book, that were pretty much identical since the book was actually based from the movie. They are obviously based on the original Red Riding Hood fable, but with a little bit of a suspenseful twist. The movie was super creepy, but was really well cast. Read my review for the book here. Starring: Amanda Seyfried, Gary Oldman, Billy Burke, Shiloh Fernandez, Maz Irons

Water For Elephants - April 22, 2011
Based on Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen
I have not yet read the book (ergo, not watched the movie either) based on the sole fact that I have yet to get my hands on the cover that I want. I refuse to buy movie-tie-ins, and I really cannot find the original cover anywhere! I am determined, and I will find it soon. This is supposedly an amazing read, and I have read an excerpt, and loved it! What's not to love about an epic love-story based on such a magical setting? Count me in! Starring: Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattinson, Christopher Waltz

Something Borrowed - May 6, 2011
Based on Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
I have loved this book for years, and was absolutely-freakin'-ecstatic to learn that it was being brought to life with such an amazing cast. The book is amazing, obviously, and the movie was the perfect summer flick: it had romance, lots of humour, and of course some Hamptons! Although morally questionable, this movie was so light and airy, and it comes highly recommended from me. (Although the book was better!) Starring: Ginnifer Goodwin, Kate Hudson, John Krasinski, Colin Egglesfield

Stay tuned for Part II: Up 'N' Comers, which is coming to a blog near you! (Pssst, this one!)

Star-Struck--Cheers & Enjoy♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...