A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Harry Potter Re-Read-a-Ganza!: The Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets



♥ "Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"
     -Delivered quite perfectly from Mr. Weasley; movie.

"Your sons flew that car to Harry's house and back last night!" "Did you really? Did it go alright? I-I mean, that was very wrong, boys-very wrong indeed..."
     -Mr. and Mrs. Weasley's hilarious banter; book.

"Hello. Who are you?" "Um...Ron Weasley." "Really! And, uh, wh-who am I?  It's an odd sort of place, this, isn't it?... Do you live here?" "No." "Really?" Clunk.
     -Lockhart and Ron's hysterical dialogue; movie.




Another day, another great read! Obviously I knew going into it that I would love the book, but I really am surprised by how completely thrilling these books continue to be, no matter how familiar I am with the story lines.

On a less obvious note, there are some things in particular that really seemed to catch me off guard in a way. They just didn't seem to be how I remembered them, or they were left out of the movie.

First of all, the Deathday party! This was a scene that I really wanted to see brought to life, and I think it would have been really cool. With all the ghosts flying around and the weird food, it would have been a hit for sure. Another really obvious difference was Gilderoy Lockhart. Although I enjoy the book version and the movie version, the two just don't really seem like the same character. The book version seemed way more obnoxious, where the movie version was stupid and conceded, but not really malicious.

Something that I really must comment on as well is the scrolls of homework. Many instances in the novel, homework or compositions were mentioned and I found the criteria so unique and interesting. Of course for wizards, who write with quills on parchment scrolls, the number of pages is irrelevant. Ergo they measure their scrolls! Bloody Brilliant! It was really one of my favourite parts!

Overall, the book was amazing and hilarious. Thrilling and hysterical. Mysterious and heartfelt. But you guys knew all that already, right?


Some of the various Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets covers:










Charmed--Cheers & Enjoy♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...