A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Harry Potter Re-Read-a-Ganza! & Pottermore


Ok, so If you've been paying attention at all to my previous posts (what a good little kitten you are!), you would know that I am embarking on a Harry Potter filled journey, just in time for the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II Movie! (And I must admit great timing as well with the Pottermore thing-but more on that later).

So the philosophy (pun intended!) is simple:

I am going to Re-Read the Harry Potter books and blog about them (review them, talk about them in regards to the movies, compare my thoughts when I originally read them, yada yada yada). 


This is mostly to refresh my memory before I see the movie, because after like, 4 years, things are kindaaaa hazy.

And also because this is the order in which I first read them:

My Mom picked up Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in the summer of 2000 when it first came out (when I was the ripe young age of 10) and was all, "Oooh, I've heard about Harry Potter, we should get this it's supposed to be good!". Thus my foray into Harry Potter, very lacklustre. I read like one chapter of The Goblet of Fire, and was like, "what the F?"

Jump ahead to the Fall of that year, when I started grade 4. My teacher decided to read us the first book Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I liked it.

I then had the same teacher for grade 5, and she read us the second book Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I was pretty hooked.

So I went home, and was all, "Oh yeah, I have a Harry Potter book!" And thus I read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Yes, I skipped the third book.

About this time, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was just coming out, and I had finally caught up to the hype (except I was still mildly confused based on the fact that I skipped the freakin' third book! If only I could travel in time.. and slap my child self in the face!) So obvy, I read and loved Order of the Phoenix, which marked the first of the Harry Potter books that I actually bought myself, YAY :)

Finally, I decided to pick up Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. And let me tell you, it sure did clear up some of my confusances.

So then, of course, I read Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, like, as soon as it came out. At this point I was beyond obsessed. The movies were in full swing, and I was just smitten.


And then came the end. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I still remember the day that it came out. I was rockin' my part time job at Forest IGA, and lovin' it. My mom came in whilst I was working to drop off the book for me♥ I finished it that night.


And the rest is history.

So I feel that, based upon the messed up Harry Potter timeline that is currently laughing at me, I will do the books a solid and read them now, in the order intended. I am so excited for this journey, and would love if you guys embarked on it with me! Comment below on your thoughts and really about anything Harry Potter related.

P.s. What do you guys think of the newly announced Pottermore thing? Pretty cool huh? I'm still a little confused about what exactly it entails, but I am already super excited, because anything Harry Potter related just has to be great, right?


Almost too excited to type--Cheers & Enjoy♥

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I can't imagine mixing the books! That would have been so different and weird for me. Have fun with your re-read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow and I have yet to pick up my first Harry Potter. I'm the last holdout on the planet :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...