A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Just Chillin' in my Snuggie...

Part I

Ok, so I don't actually own a Snuggie, despite the fact that I have been pining for one for only, like, 3 years.. Anywho, more on this later ♥

I know that I haven't done a random non-book related post in a while, so here goes: the State of the Union: June edition (which will explain all the goings-on from May... if this makes any sense? Hmm.. I shall sort out the logistics later!)

Moving forward, there have been many events/happenings that I have failed to report to my faithful followers (fingers crossed that you exist!) and I shall try to salvage what I can from this thing I call a memory.

The first thing that pops into my noggin are the Book to Film advancements we have seen this month. First of all, I think that mostly all of the casting is done for The Hunger Games movie, which is uber exciting, and now the movie is filming. They have even been so kind to release a photo of Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss (just to sate all the non-believers out there... Shun the non-believers.. shunnn... ShhhH-UUUUuuUN-UUhhhhhh-tehe, I just had to :) I think it's rather great, and am dying to see more of the cast costumed up! Some more of the star-studded cast includes: Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Donald Sutherland, Elizabeth Banks, Lenny Kravitz, Stanley Tucci, Woody Harrelson, just to name a few. I am really excited to keep tabs on this as filming progresses, and am reminded even more of how excited I am for the film! Keep up the good work movie people!

In more exciting Book to Film related news, Jace Wayland has finally been cast the the movie adaptation of The Mortal Instruments! So the news is kind of lacklustre for me, because I was sooo pining for hottie Alex Pettyfer, but I have come to accept Jamie Campbell Bower, creepiness and all. I really have come to the realization amongst all this casting buzz, that just because my vision of a character may seem like they fit the look perfectly, the actor also needs to embody the character completely and I trust both the casting directors and the author to choose correctly. Yay for moving forward :)

Next on my list is the exciting release of Glee: The Music, Volume 6 that coincided with the season finale of Glee on May 24th, which was uber-intoxicating as always. This one sounds like it could be one of my favourites out of all the albums, boasting 2 Adele songs, a whole slew of Fleetwood Mac, my favourite mash-up, I Feel Pretty/Unpretty, and 2 amazing new original songs that absolutely blew my mind. Can't wait to pick it up and pop it in the ghetto-blaster!

Speaking of television, there are some awesome new shows starting in the Fall, and also ones that I am mourning, since the networks choose to slaughter some of my favourites! New show Off the Map, which just started getting good; Better With You, that was really quite star-studded and hilarious; Traffic Light, so so funny; $#*! My Dad Says, the hilarious-based-on-real-life sitcom that has been MIA for months; and Mr. Sunshine, the only connection we had left with Ms Chandhandler Bong :(

Having said that, the awesome new shows that are to be replacing these sound pretty darn good. There's Revenge, a creepy yet preppy looking Hamptons drama. The Finder, a spin-off of Bones and probably the show I am looking forward to the most. The Secret Circle, another sure-fire-fav that is based on the books from the same author who brought us The Vampire Diaries. The Playboy Club, a retro yet scandalous looking new drama that I can't wait to get hooked on! Awake, a psychological drama that looks incredibly promising and well written. There are also some pretty funny looking sitcoms: The New Girl, Bent, Apartment 23, Suburgatory, and I Hate My Teenage Daughter. Keep your eyes peeled.

P.S. The new season of Pretty Little Liars starts June 14th!

Also a little bit TV related are some new music videos that I happened to view as of late. Now, I never usually watch music videos, unless I actually search for them for my viewing pleasure. Today I am going to talk about two that I have stumbled upon that have very little in common. Lady Gaga's 7-minute long creep-fest in music video form, Born This Way, and Bruno Mars' cute and amazingly charming rendition of The Lazy Song. Let me start on a good note. I am absolutely obsessed with The Lazy Song video! It is so cute and just seems so homemade and wholesome! Bruno Mars is adorable and I love the choreography and basically everything about the video. And it mentions a Snuggie, which is pretty much my most coveted desire. This video just makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside, almost as if I put on Bruno's fleece button-down right after he took it off and absorbed his warmth. Too creepy?

Well, might as well carry on that theme. So. Lady Gaga. Strange, check. We did already know this. Out of curiosity (and because I really do like the song Born This Way, and thoroughly enjoy the message it evokes) I decided to watch the video, because let's be honest, the chick is pretty entertaining. I must say that I think it crossed into my comfort zone. No, actually, it saw my comfort zone, and basically spat on it! I think it suffices to say that a part of me died inside after having watched the birth of evil, or whatever the F that was. Like gag-worthy, I swear! Just take my word for it.. it's messed. The sad part is that the rest of the video is pretty decent. I like how Gaga seems so vulnerable and almost normal just dancing around in her underoos. And then the mud, or whatever it was, was a nice touch. Unfortunately I think most people would stop watching after the first, I dunno, 27 minutes!? Let me know what you think: modern and revolutionary, or just plain strange and nightmare-evoking?

Well, that's all I've got for now!

Stay tuned for Part II--Cheers & Enjoy♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...