A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Break No Bones by Kathy Reichs



To some, the dead are a commodity. For Tempe Brennan, they hold the key to cracking a horrific crime ring.

Among the ancient remains in a Native American burial ground, Tempe discovers a fresh skeleton -- and what began as an ordinary teaching stint at an archeology field school in Charleston, South Carolina, fast becomes a heated investigation into an alarming pattern of homicides. The clues hidden in the bones lead to a street clinic where a monstrous discovery awaits, and Tempe -- whose personal life is in upheaval, with two men competing for her -- can''t afford any distractions as she pieces together a shattering and terrifying puzzle.
                                                                                                                    -Chapters Canada





Keeping with my Kathy Reichs-a-thon, I read Break No Bones, the 9th installment in the Temperance Brennan series, and, once again, thoroughly enjoyed it. Kathy Reichs' attention to detail and wonderful imagery never let me down!

We seem to be going back and forth in the novel between Montreal and Charlotte, which I do love, and this time it was Charlotte's turn to shine. As always, the case was immensely suspenseful and equally dangerous for Tempe. We also get to see some more intense personal development for our favourite forensic anthropologist, which let's be honest, I will never shy away from. I think that the circumstances Reichs set up are ideal for an interesting theme that can carry through the next few installments, and, as always, I am looking forward to reading the next book...

Which I may or may not have already started...Cheers & Enjoy♥


2 comments:

  1. I must be so out of the loop because I didn't even know the TV show was based off books!! I might have to check this out because I enjoy the show. Would you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The series is really good! The main character shares the same name as Temperance on the show, and profession (forensic anthropology) but that's pretty much where the similarities end. Having said that, I love the show and the book series, and I recommend both!

    Btw, thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...