A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

1,000 Pageviews! Yipee! (and other equally important stuff)

1,000 pageviews, YAY!

So this managed to happen whilst I was not paying attention (which brings me to my next point). This is super exciting, and I hope it's just the beginning of a long time worth of awesome blogging and awesome followers! Speaking of which, I really must urge you to officially follow my blog if you like it, because it makes me smile (and also makes me look more popular-tehe).

Anywho, so I have been on hiatus for the last week or so, due to my enjoyment of a much needed vaycay-Yay! I once again returned chez-moi, and as per usual, it was relaxing and jam packed full of quality time with the fam. Which is about the only thing that I will allow to come between myself and the blog-o-sphere. I actually didn't even turn on my computer for a whole week. Which has to be some kind of record!

I actually didn't even pick up a book for an entire week either, which I must admit is quite pitiful, and in the words of Jacques from Finding Nemo (and Cait from various blogs) "I am ashamed". To add insult to injury, I also feel quite guilty, because my recent book reviews, I feel, have not been up to par, so to speak. Don't get me wrong, I love the Temperance Brennan series by Kathy Reichs, but I feel like I am cheating my faithful followers by not giving variety! So I think I'm just gonna do a few more before switching over to something new. Which, unfortunately, will not be much of a change, as I am going to be embarking on my exciting Harry Potter Re-Read-a-Ganza! (patent pending!) just in time for the release of the last installment of the movie franchise. I hope that I will not disappoint anyone with my monotony, and I promise that after that, I will be on a reading roll, and give you lots of great new reads!

Speaking of which, I really am excited for this year in books, because my shopping cart at Chapters.ca is really quite chock-full, and I have been adding books for like, literally, 6 months... so needless to say, once I finally decide I can afford to sell my soul, I will have lots of new reads. And they are ALL awesome, I promise!

Side-Note: I also will not be purchasing these books until I finish every book I own (that I have not read yet) since I made myself a deal to not purchase any books until I didn't have a single one on my shelf that is not yet read. The jury is still out on how I'm doing with this challenge :|

So as well as recuperating from being away from my apartment so long, I stupidly courageously decided it was time to gather up all my new music (new meaning all the way from last summer to last night) and make mixes for my easy listening pleasures à la my CD player. WOW. 19 burned CD's later... actually I'm currently on CD number 18, so CLOSE! But that should keep me hoppin', boppin', groovin' and croonin' till next year, I hope.

Speaking of music, I am so excited to mention that Shania Twain (one of my all time favs!-and yes I adore country. Might as well get that out the of way right now) has a new single! It is so good, and has me so excited for her new album, which should be coming out shortly. It just makes me feel so warm inside.

Almost as warm as it makes me feel thinking about how much I love Bruno Mars. Mmmm, Bruno Mars. I am actually obsessed with him. I just saw him perform at the Much Music Video Awards, and I just can't get that little cutie out of my head! He is so talented, genuine, and makes me weak in the knees. But not in a creepy way, I promise! Only enough that I want to carry him around in my pocket :)


Segueing nicely into my perfectly normal obsessions, I want to make some special shout-outs to men that have caught my attention lately:

Ami James: Ok so he's the star of the new TLC (yay-TLC!) show, NY Ink, and I love him. He is so damn attractive and just amazing. Is it just me, or is there something sooo sexy about a guy that is sooo ripped and covered in tattoos, yet he dresses in adorable cardigans and cute hats? He is just so sweet and sensitive, yet strong and capable, if you know what I mean.... YUM!

Ian Somerhalder: Ok so I know this really isn't a new obsession, but I really just had to mention him. I love The Vampire Diaries and Damon even more! Effing Sexy. 'Nuff said.

Chris Hemsworth: So being the brother of another of my favourite hotties, Liam Hemsworth, wins him bonus points after his stunning accent and amazing physique. I still haven't seen his summer blockbuster Thor and really cannot wait much longer!

I also HAVE to say a shoutout to my still hot Alex Pettyfer, who has seemed to fall off the radar, but I know that he is gonna do big things, it's only a matter of time. I still love you Alex!

Wrapping up, there are gonna be some awesome posts to come. Keep your eyes peeled for a special post about the current and upcoming Book to Movie fandangos going on, and my Harry Potter Re-Read-a-Ganza!

Until next time--Cheers & Enjoy♥

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...