A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Death Du Jour by Kathy Reichs




In the bitter cold of a Montreal winter, Tempe Brennan is digging for a corpse buried more than a century ago. Although Tempe thrives on such enigmas from the past, it''s a chain of contemporary deaths and disappearances that has seized her attention -- and she alone is ideally placed to make a chilling connection among the seemingly unrelated events. At the crime scene, at the morgue, and in the lab, Tempe probes a mystery that sweeps from a deadly Quebec fire to startling discoveries in the Carolinas, and culminates in Montreal with a terrifying showdown -- a nerve-shattering test of both her forensic expertise and her skills for survival.

                                                                                                                                  -Chapters Canada




The second novel in the Temperance Brennan series by Kathy Reichs, Death Du Jour, was definitely just as captivating, but also gaining it an extra half star more than its predecessor due to its sexy incorporation of Dr. Brennan's love life.

Having said that, there was not a whole lot of romantic development, which I actually admire (I know, who knew that I would be praising something lacking a lot of hubba hubba?) but just enough to keep me salivating for more! I won't go into too much detail so as to spoil it for everyone, but what was there was golden. And I am so dying to dive into the next book, if only to read about Tempe's mature but very steamy rendezvous (which I am completely speculating will take place). Seriously, I actually have the next book, Deadly Décisions, beside me, and I am going to commence its awesomeness right after I wrap up this blog sesh...

Anywho, so yes the awesomeness from Reichs' first book, Déjà Dead, keeps going in this follow-up that is just as suspenseful and well written. The characters and cases are always uncannily woven into the mysterious plot lines in such a way that always promises to keep the reader guessing until the last second, when everything wraps up perfectly, never too quickly, and always completely plausibly. Which is so very mucho-importanto to me :)


I love, love, loved this book, and if you'll please excuse me...


(Already cracking open Deadly Décisions)--Cheers & Enjoy♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...