A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Deadly Décisions by Kathy Reichs




When innocent blood is spilled, she deciphers the shattering truth it holds.


Nine-year-old Emily Anne Toussaint is fatally shot on a Montreal street. A North Carolina teenager disappears from her home, and parts of her skeleton are found hundreds of miles away. The shocking deaths propel Tempe Brennan from north to south, and deep into a shattering investigation inside the bizarre culture of outlaw motorcycle gangs -- where one misstep could bring disaster for herself or someone she loves.
                                                                                                           -Chapters Canada



Like the two others before it, Deadly Décisions is filled with suspense, and of course a personal link to Temperance Brennan. I'm not sure if I find this incredibly endearing though, or kind of getting on my nerves the third time around. We will have to wait and see if the next installments use the same theme or not, one would think that there are only so many scenarios and family members that could be put into jeopardy.

Nevertheless, I truly did enjoy Deadly Décisions almost as much as its predecessors, maybe a teensie bit less due to the lack of one certain character: Andrew Ryan. He has been steaming steadily throughout the first two books, and I definitely was looking forward to seeing more of him after the promising closure of Death Du Jour, but I found myself psychotically rationally searching for him throughout the pages, and came up empty-handed. Fortunately, our Reichs would not leave us completely famished: she left me with much hope for the following books, and also managed to bring forth circumstances worthy of keeping me sated yet yearning at the same time. Touché, Milady.

Onto the plot, which was of course as riveting and knowledgeable as always (which is hugely bonus inducing for me, being the self proclaimed Knowledge Monger that I am-tehe). I always find the setting highly entertaining, as I love Montréal, and am quasi-familiar with the city already. I also found the insight into the Biker Gangs super fantastico.


Overall, the book was well-written and of course uber-suspenseful: all in all, I suspect that these books will keep me coming back for more everytime!


Don't miss out!--Cheers & Enjoy♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...