A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Covergasms♥ (4)

 
Covergasms♥ is an original Book♥Hooker feature that discusses all things cover related!

Today's Covergasms♥ post is going to be a little bit different: I am going to do a comparison on covers that are for the same book, but different. The ones showcased today are one's that I have stumbled upon, and made me very sad because I like the international version way better, but it is not offered in my country. Blasphemy at its finest, if you ask me...


       

First on the docket are the covers of the books by Michelle Cooper. I have not read these books, but I plan on reading them, as soon as I can figure out how to get my hands on the desired covers. The first set are the North American ones, the ones of which I am privy, and the second gorgeous additions are the UK editions. And I want them so badly. Don't get me wrong, they are all pretty gorgeous, and I admit, they are still consistent throughout the series, but there is just something about the flowing calligraphy and naturalness exuded by the UK covers that I absolutely NEED. It breaks my heart...

So I suppose I should give a little bit of insight into the plot as well, because obviously I would not just buy a book based on its cover (she said, all shifty eyed). The plot does also appeal to me greatly as I have grown rather fond of historical books recently, and these ones seem to promise me greatness in spades.

Whatever shall I do?--Cheers & Enjoy♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...