A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Covergasms♥ (2)

Covergasms♥ is an original Book♥Hooker feature that discusses all things cover related!

Just thought I would post something book related, since I have most definitely been slacking in the reading department. Also to get rid of some of the guilt I feel. Selfish. I know.

So again I am going to do some gorgeos covers that come off the top of my head. Let me know your thoughts! Enjoy.


          

             

What do all of these beautiful books have in common? 
I am dying to get my hands on them for my devouring pleasure :)  Too creepy?

1) Possesion by Elana Johnson
          I am dying to read this book, and the cover is absolutely amazing! The simplicity is remarkable, and adds to the dystopian theme that I know I will love. I can just feel the strength and independence of the heroine perfectly illustrated with the ice cube. Too bad I have to wait until June 7th to get it.

2) Ash by Malinda Lo
          This book also evokes such drama with its simplicity, and I really cannot believe that I haven't read this retelling of Cinderella since its release in 2009. I cannot get over the exquisite simplicity of this cover. I love the colour scheme, and the font is magnificent. Absolutely delectable.

3) Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
          Once again, a dystopian read that I want now, now, now! The concept seems really cool, and like nothing I have read before. The amazing cover just confirms it: I need this book! For me, the image just screams dystopian, and I almost feel claustrophobic just looking at it. At first it seems like something that wouldn't work because of the colour scheme, but it just comes off as different and simply mysterious. Look for this one on the shelves in May!

4) XVI by Julia Karr
          Um, why do I not own this book yet? It has everything going for it: great dystopian plot, great cover.. I can tell I am going to love it. (Also, some other great blogs have given me some insight-tehe). I love also that the title is so ambiguous, and that it literally becomes the cover art. Very clever, I think. I also love the tag-line, and that it gives a juicy little tidbit into the plot that leaves me wanting more :)

So what do I take away from all of this? I need to buy more books! Uh oh... this is not always the healthiest realization for me to come to...

New books, yum yum--Cheers & Enjoy♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...