A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Fresh Start: Welcome 2012!

Well, here we are. 2012. A new year, and hopefully new blogging habits (AHEM, better ones!) are in store for me us all! I have so many reviews that are sitting, just waiting to be written. All I can say is that I hope 2012 is not the end of the world, as many people would like for us to believe. I mean, I haven't read nearly as many books as I would like. Anywho, hopefully I will be sending lots of posts into the ether, and hopefully you will stick around to enjoy them :)

So 2011 was a pretty good year for me. It was the year I started my blog, and I think I've definitely grown exponentially from years past. Yep, I'm an adult now. And with adulthood, comes great responsibility (or something like that). So, bottom-line, I am UBER busy. I have learned to manage my time better, so one can only anticipate more reading and blogging to be done in this new year.

As I promised the last time I caught up with my blog, I will be hopefully, (sometime) completing my Harry Potter Re-Read-a-Ganza! ...

I have over a dozen reviews lined up, that I will try to bang out soon, and also get back to posting some awesomely informative features. I have lots in mind :)


Reading Goals

So that's a pretty big title for some pretty underwhelming news, as I failed to complete my reading goal of 100 in 2011. I only reached about 65, so I am going to try and beat that sad number with a stick this year, let's see if I can! Let me know how you guys did last year, and your new goals for this year, as I am sure they can put my goal to shame! For shame...

As well as reading, I do also like to partake in some other awesome hobbies, like watching tv and movies obsessively, and also quilting! Cait and I love to quilt, and I did actually finish my first quilt in 2011! Woohoo for me! Here's a little pic of it (also a little bit of book lovin'!).

This also reminds me that I'm going to be doing a new feature showing all the various places that my books live. Since my mother has a penchant for moving, my books have indulged in travelling and experienced many different homes in their lifetime. Coming to a blog near you.. (psssst, this one!).


Well, that's all for now--Cheers & Enjoy♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...