A room without a book is like a body without a soul - Cicero

To Be Read Soon!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Covergasms♥ (13)

Covergasms♥ is an original Book♥Hooker feature that discusses all things cover related!

For the first Covergasms♥ post of 2012, I have arranged something really exciting and awesome for you eyes and mind to devour. Behold some amazing cover redesigns that make my heart both melt and swoon simultaneously (impressive, right?). You see, for shallow ol' me, covers really do play a part in what books I choose to read, and for some, no matter how many good reviews a book has gotten, I will not buy it because the cover is just positively GHASTly. Lucky for me, these books have been redesigned and look incredible. Enjoy:


Before

   


After

   


The Mockingbirds and The Rivals by Daisy Whitney:
          Huge improvement. The first covers nearly make me cringe, and with such awesome story potential, the redesign just makes it more retro and inviting, as well as intriguing. The use of actual humans instead of animals I find works wonders in the relatability department. Tehe.


Before

   


After

    


White Cat, Red Glove & Black Heart by Holly Black:
          The covers are simply phenomenal. I hated the first ones with the usage of weird effects and creepy characters. They just seemed corny and one dimensional. The news ones, however, are sensationally wonderful with the vibrant simplicity evoked with the colours and artistry. We can still see the characters and uniformity, yet the art is gorgeous and simply stunning. I am so glad that the covers have changed, since this series gets amazing reviews everywhere I see it.

Both series were in desperate need of a revamp, and now that they have one, I am sure to pick them up and devour them :)

Hope you do the same--Cheers & Enjoy♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...